- refuge — toevluchtsgebied (Dutch / Nederlands)
- Een schuilplaats tegen gevaar of ontbering.
The original English definition:
- refuge (English)
- A place of safety, refuge or protection.
- A restricted and isolated area in which plants and animals persisted during a period of continental climatic change that made surrounding areas uninhabitable; especially an ice-free or unglaciated area within or close to a continental ice sheet or upland ice cap, where hardy biotas eked out an existence during a glacial phase. It later served as a center of dispersal for the repopulation of surrounding areas after climatic readjustment.
- A shelter from danger or hardship.
Now that you've learned the Dutch word for "refuge", maybe you also need English translation for your document, website, or app? You're in the right place!
Our global network of professional translators can help translate your project into English, no matter how big or how small.
We have a translation solution to fit every project and every budget, so get your Get Quote now in just three easy steps!
Learn how to say "refuge" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in English and Dutch by browsing through our dictionary: