- Quelle — spring (hydrology, land) (English)
- A place where ground water flows naturally from a rock or the soil onto the land surface or into a body of surface water.
- A place where water emerges from the ground.
- The place where something begins, where it springs into being.
- Thing or person from which something ensues, or which represents a principle or a cause.
The original German definition:
- Quelle (German)
- Der Ort, an dem etwas beginnt, wo es ins Dasein kommt.
- Eine Stelle, an der Wasser aus dem Boden austritt.
Learn how to say "spring (hydrology, land)" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in German and English by browsing through our dictionary: