- odtok — runoff (English)
- 1) Removal of groundwater or surface water, or of water from structures, by gravity or pumping.
2) The discharge of water from a soil by percolation (the process by which surface water moves downwards through cracks, joints and pores in soil and rocks).
(Source: MGH / WHIT)
- A conduit allowing liquid to flow out of an otherwise contained volume.
- Rate at which water is removed by flowing over the soil surface. This rate is determined by the texture of the soil, slope, climate, and land use cover (e.g. paved surface, grass, forest, bare soil).
The original Slovenian definition:
- odtok (Slovenian)
- 1) Odstranitev podtalnice, površinske vode ali deževnice s pomočjo gravitacije ali s črpanjem.
2) Izcejanje vode iz zemlje (proces, kjer se površinska voda premika po razpokah, stikih in se steka v zemljo in kamnine).
(Vir: MGH / WHIT)
- Stopnja, ko voda odteka po zemeljski površini. Ta stopnja je določena s teksturo tal, s pobočjem, podnebjem, in obliko pokritosti zemlje (tlakovana tla, trava, gozd ali gola prst).
Now that you've learned the English word for "odtok", maybe you also need Slovenian translation for your document, website, or app? You're in the right place!
If you have documents, a website, an app, or anything else that requires a thorough, accurate translation by native-speaking Slovenian linguists, Translation Services USA can put you in touch with the right people.
Our rates are competitive and customer satistfaction is guaranteed. Just get in touch with a sales representative for a Get Quote today and see what Translation Services USA can do for you!
Learn how to say "runoff" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in Slovenian and English by browsing through our dictionary: