- konurbacija — conurbation (English)
- 1) A large densely populated urban sprawl formed by the growth and coalescence of individual towns or cities.
2) Large area covered with buildings (houses or factories or public building, etc.)
3) A large area occupied by urban development, which may contain isolated rural areas, and formed by the merging together of expanding towns that formerly were separate.
(Source: CED / PHC / ALL)
The original Slovenian definition:
- konurbacija (Slovenian)
- 1) Veliko, gosto naseljeno urbano območje, ki nastane s širitvijo in stapljanjem več posameznih krajev in mest.
2) Veliko območje pozidano z zgradbami (hiše, tovarne ali javne stavbe, itd.).
3) Velika površina, na kateri je prisoten urbani razvoj, ki lahko vključuje ločene podeželske predele in nastane s stapljanjem več rastočih mest, ki so bila pred tem ločena.
(Vir: CED / PHC / ALL)
Now that you've learned the English word for "konurbacija", maybe you also need Slovenian translation for your document, website, or app? You're in the right place!
We have experienced, native-speaking Slovenian translators that can help translate your business and personal documents, certified documents, website, app, or anything else.
Our rates are competitive and customer satistfaction is guaranteed. Just get in touch with a sales representative for a Get Quote today and see what Translation Services USA can do for you!
Learn how to say "conurbation" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in Slovenian and English by browsing through our dictionary: