- Homologie — homology (English)
- In anthropology, the analogy between human beliefs, practices or artifacts due to genetic or historical connections.
- In evolutionary biology, any similarity between characters that is due to their shared ancestry.
- In sociology, a structural 'resonance' between the different elements making up a socio-cultural whole.
- The relationship between the elements in the same group of the periodic table, or between organic compounds in a homologous series
Learn how to say "homology" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in German and English by browsing through our dictionary: