- Eingschaft — attribute (English)
- A characteristic trait that differentiates a thing or person.
- A defining characteristic.
- A distinctive feature of an object. In mapping and GIS applications, the objects are points, lines, or polygons that represent features such as sampling locations, section corners (points); roads and streams (lines); lakes, forest and soil types (polygons). These attributes can be further divided into classes such as tree species Douglas-fir and ponderosa pine) for forest types and paved and gravel for road types. Multiple attributes are generally associated with objects that are located on a single map layer.
- An abstract quality associated with an object.
Learn how to say "attribute" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in Bavarian and English by browsing through our dictionary: