- egg (English)
- A foolish or obnoxious person.
- A person of Caucasian (Western) ancestry, who has a strong desire to learn about and immerse him- or herself in East Asian culture, and/or such a person who is perceived as behaving as if he or she were Asian.
- A swelling on one's head, usually large or noticeable, associated with an injury.
- An approximately spherical or ellipsoidal body produced by birds, snakes, insects and other animals housing the embryo during its development.
- Egg (either fertilized or not) from domesticated birds, most commonly hens, seen as food.
- In terms such as good egg, bad egg, tough egg etc., a person, fellow.
- Something shaped like an egg, such as an Easter egg or a chocolate egg.
- The contents of one or more (hen's usually) eggs as a culinary ingredient, etc.
- The female gamete of an animal or plant, capable of fusing with a male gamete to produce a zygote.
- The male sex gland that produces sperm and male hormones, found in some types of animals.
Learn how to say "egg" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words by browsing through our English dictionary.