- effect (English)
- Consequence or result of a deed.
- Images or sound added to enhance the experience of viewing a movie or listening to music.
- That which follows something on which it depends.
- The result or outcome of a cause.
- The result or outcome of a cause. Effects include: a) direct effects, which are caused by the action and occur at the same time and place, b) indirect effects, which are caused by the action and are later in time or farther removed in distance, that are still reasonably foreseeable.
- [With verbal nouns, forming phrases approximately equivalent to the source verb]
Learn how to say "effect" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words by browsing through our English dictionary.