- cause (English)
- A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
- A justification for something existing or happening.
- A series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end.
- Any entity that produces an effect or is responsible for events or results.
- That which brings about any condition or produces any effect.
- To be the cause of.
Learn how to say "cause" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words by browsing through our English dictionary.