- basilica — basilica (Italian / italiano)
- Chiesa di notevole importanza.
- Nell'architettura romana si indicava un edificio a pianta rettangolare, diviso in navate da file di colonne, destinato a funzioni pubbliche (commercio, amministrazione della giustizia ecc.). Utilizzata anche per le riunioni delle prime comunità cristiane.
The original English definition:
- basilica (English)
- Church of considerable importance.
- In the Roman architecture a rectangular building, divided into aisles by rows of columns, intended for public functions (trade, administration of justice etc.); also used for meetings of the early Christian communities
Looking for professional English translation? Now that you know what "basilica" in Italian is, Translation Services USA can provide that, too!
Our global network of professional translators can help translate your project into English, no matter how big or how small.
Satistfaction is guaranteed, so there's no risk; just fill out our famous three-question form to get a Get Quote for your translation project today!
Learn how to say "basilica" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in English and Italian by browsing through our dictionary: