- ano — year (English)
- A particular set of 12 months that a person spends in full-time, compulsory education.
- A period between set dates that mark a year, from January 1 to December 31 by the Gregorian calendar.
- The time it takes for any planetary body to make one revolution around another body.
- The time it takes the Earth to complete one revolution of the Sun (between 365.24 and 365.26 days depending on the point of reference).
The original Portuguese definition:
- ano (Portuguese)
- O tempo que a Terra leva para completar uma revolução em torno do Sol (entre 365,24 e 365,26 dias dependendo do ponto de referência).
Learn how to say "year" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in Portuguese and English by browsing through our dictionary: