- alto — tall (English)
- Being elevated in position or status, a state of being above many things.
- Having a vertical extent greater than the average, said about a person.
- Having a vertical extent greater than the average; Having the upper end, tip, top, head, etc. a long way up; Having a great vertical extent (often greater than the horizontal extent); High.
- Having relatively great height.
- Tall, lofty, at a great distance above the ground.
- Towards the direction that is away from the centre of the Earth (indicates a movement).
The original Portuguese definition:
- alto (Portuguese)
- Que tem uma altura relativamente grande.
Learn how to say "tall" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words in Portuguese and English by browsing through our dictionary: