- farewell (English)
- A interjection of good wish at (a non-final) parting said by the staying person to the leaver.
- A parting statement; used when one or more people in a situation, dialogue or location are leaving, while others remain.
- An act of departure from a place or a group.
- An expression of good wish at a permanent departure.
- An interjection of parting.
- Any statement of good wish (like "good bye") at parting.
Learn how to say "farewell" in other languages:
Browse our dictionary
Find other interesting words by browsing through our English dictionary.